Date: July 13-14, 2021
Time: 9AM to 3PM EST
12 CLPs Offered
The AIM Council’s Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) Process Virtual Workshop – Bringing Discipline to IT Investments will provide an introduction to the Federal Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process, its history, influences, implementation, significance, and future. You’ll learn about the history, laws, documents, and reporting requirements that govern the process. In addition, we will discuss how the process is implemented across the Federal government, examine the continuing evolution of the process and even look into the future of CPIC. Special emphasis will be placed on CPIC reporting requirements related to Major Business Cases, IT Portfolio Reports, Standard IT Infrastructure, the Federal IT Dashboard, and Technology Business Management (TBM).
The latest versions of CPIC-related documents will be discussed with an emphasis on not only content but the significance of those documents in the over-all CPIC process.
What You Will Learn:
- The Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) Process
- The brief history surrounding the creation of the CPIC process
- The major laws and documents that define, inform, and guide the CPIC process
- OMB Circular A-11
- Major IT Business Case, IT Portfolio Report, Standard IT Infrastructure Reports, etc.
- The CPIC Process framework and implementation
- The future of CPIC
- Technology Business Management (TBM)
- Federal IT Dashboard
- IT as a Service, etc.
- AIM Council Members: $645
- Non Members: $745
- 2 Days of training from a certified instructor
- Access to handouts and resources
- 1 year AIM Council Membership
- Promo code for FITGovSummit discount
Mike Rice, CPP, CPP-I
Senior Consultant, CPIC Subject Matter Expert, Excelicon
Mike Rice is a senior consultant and instructor for Excelicon with more than 15+ years of experience in Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), most recently serving as DHS OCIO BMO CPIC Functional Lead. He has created course materials, developed and conducted DHS-wide training programs for government employees and contractors in areas such as Capital Planning, Major and Non-Major OMB Business Case requirements, Technology Business Management (TBM), the Federal Budget process, DHS Acquisition and Budget processes, the DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle process, and more.
Look what our past attendees have said about the training
- Mike always provides a well organized, well documented, and well presented training session and experience. ~ Anderson Caldwell, Sr., The Caldwell Group LLC
- Looking forward another CPIC training opportunity by Mike and AIM ~ Patrick Reagan, U.S. Air Force
- I found history of CPIC useful and the instructor made CPIC interesting ~ Karen A. Piskurich, U.S. Census Bureau